Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Context.

If any one of my friends described my personality as "slightly abnormal," it wouldn't bother me. I'd probably be amused. On the other hand, hearing my doctor describe my test results as "slightly abnormal" just isn't amusing at all. I'm trying (yet not succeeding) to not worry yet- I have a colposcopy scheduled for March 2nd. Basically, they want to take a microscopically-close look at my cervix because my test results were abnormal. I'm not sure if everyone's aware of how you get microscopically-close to a cervix, but I'll give you two hints. One: it's not through my ear, and two: they suggested that I dose up on Tylenol before the procedure. Can I please change the subject now?
In the meantime, there's really nothing I can do... and in the words of Cancer survivor Olivia Newton John and my grandma, "It is what it is." I'm just going to keep repeating that to myself over and over again, because it's a lot more reassuring than "Go ahead and have the rest of that pint of ice cream, you're probably dying of cervical cancer anyway." Oh god. It is what it is...

No comments: