Monday, May 14, 2007

Smile like a saint, curse like a sailor


According to an episode of Spongebob Squarepants, there are Seven Bad Words in the world, but thirteen if you're a sailor. Madelynn asked me about the truth of that yesterday. I told her that there were probably more bad words than that, depending on who you asked. She told me that she tried counting and only got up to eight, so there was no way that there could be thirteen bad words.

Today, while bombarded with a fresh piece of wedding-related info, I... um... well, I kinda lost it. I was unloading my rage on the phone when Maddy walked into my room. I immediately shut myself up.

"On second thought, I think there just might be thirteen after all," she deadpanned, "maybe more." Then she turned around in her sparkley mary-janes and walked out of the room, adding, "You could teach Mr. Krabbs a thing or two."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Nik, I'm sorry about the additional setback. If you need to vent, just call. And I'm sure it doesn't make you feel any better... but this SO FREAKING HILARIOUS. (My side hurts! I feel guilty for laughing so hard.)